Document Management Systems
Work that requires searching through filing cabinets full of paper documents, shelves with rolled up plan documents, or racks of blueprints, impacts the efficiency of any organization. What’s more, today’s workforce is so used to finding information with a quick online search, that locating and retrieving hardcopy documents is quickly becoming a frustrating time waste for employees and managers alike.
Gain Wide Ranging, Long-Lasting Business Benefits
Online Document Management Systems, or DMS for short, make organizations much more efficient than those that rely on information stored in paper files. One of archSCAN’s core capabilities is moving an organization from a paper-based operation to a fast, efficient, on-line operation. archSCAN’s process for this is both seamless and efficient. Once your documents are scanned, archSCAN indexes each one with metadata to allow them to be searchable online. Your digitized documents get stored in a secure, backed-up, easily accessible DMS so that staff can locate critical information on the fly. With a DMS, employees find information from any device at any time and from any location.
Remove the Paper Bottleneck
archSCAN digitizes and indexes your organization’s paper documents of whatever types you have, and then provides the option to bring in the best Document Management Systems depending on your organization’s size and requirements for both now and in the future. When organizations already have an electronic Document Management System in place, archSCAN converts the scanned documents to the required format – such as searchable PDF files – for your system, inserts the meta data for making the documents searchable, and directly imports into your DMS or creates a .CSV file for an easy upload.
Some of the numerous benefits that organizations have gained with a Document Management System include:
- Immediate retrieval of any type of document using keyword searches or date range parameters
- Retrieve documents with a web based user interface from desktops, laptops, and mobile devices
- Access by Vendors when needed for maintenance or when handling urgent outages
- Remote Access to records and documents when on the road, at home, or away from the office
- Fast response to legal compliance tasks, where staff need quick access to all documents for audits, legal discovery, life safety, or other legal matters
- Reduced time to fix major facilities outages, with quick access from any location to drawings, blueprints, or other required documentation
- Preventing information loss in case of a disaster such as a fire, flood, or other tragedy
- Backups of every electronic document in the system,
- Login/Password Protection
- Secure Cloud Storage
- Document Control to ensure access to authorized personnel only
- Security logging to track who views what documents and when
- Version Control and change tracking, to keep an audit trail of document changes
Get the most Cost Effective DMS for your needs
archSCAN has experience with a wide range of Document Management Systems and is able to help organizations choose the best one to suit their both current and long-term needs. We’re able to recommend the best DMS for organizations whose needs range from human resources records, facilities documents and blueprints, legal files, financial records, technical documentation, and any other records management needs. When an organization has more than one document type to be stored, we recommend more general-purpose DMS systems designed for storage and searchability of diverse document sets. archSCAN maintains excellent customer communications to ensure clients end up with the best possible document management solution.
archSCAN has partnered with industry leading Document Management System partners to make the entire process as seamless as possible for our clients, from document scanning, to indexing the digitized documents with detailed metadata for searching, and importing documents into the DMS. Visit the partner links below to find out more about each of the systems they offer.
Learn how archSCAN brings the efficiency of a DMS to its clients
If you need to upgrade your organization from using paper filing systems to a modern Document Management System with cloud-based document storage, contact archSCAN and get a detailed evaluation to help you choose the best solution for your business needs. Also check our case studies and testimonials, and see our other service offerings.
Contact Us Today for your Custom Consultation & Quote
“…I can now find any drawing within seconds.”
– Thom Armstrong, Facilities Director
Upper Chesapeake Hospital
“…high marks for their successful efforts in cleaning up our old print room”
– Steve Swierczek, Director of Facilities
Georgetown University Hospital
“…top-notch customer service”
– Michelle Frederick, Development Manager